Act out these verses as you read. Start with the murder of the chief judge which Nephi prophesies about in Hel 8:27. A part of the fun will be allowing the kids to make or find their own costume. You will need someone to play the parts of:
- Seezorum, chief judge. Read v9. Suggested costume: a crown, a sceptre, and a robe.
- Seantum, murderer. Read v7. Suggested costume: a toy weapon (make sure it's not dangerous).
- The 5 accused. Read v2,10. Suggested costume: Nephite clothing: robe, headband, etc.
- Servants. Read v1,3-4. Suggested costume: Nephite clothing: robe, headband, etc.
- The people. Read v5-6,8, Hel 8:27. Suggested costume: Nephite clothing: robe, headband, etc.
The suggested readings are organized so that when family members are not acting they will be reading (narrating) to keep everyone busy. There are 2 verses, v2 & 7, that are speaking parts. These 2 verses are to be read by the respective actors if possible. Adjust according to your family's readers and non-readers.
Did the 5 accused who were at the garden of Nephi actually commit the murder? Do you think they will be acquitted (set free)? What do you think they will say?