3 Nephi 27:13-22
Scripture search for big kids:
What does Gospel mean? Who can be the first person to find the meaning of the word Gospel? (Easiest place to find it is in the Bible Dictionary). Maybe provide a treat for the first person who can find it.
Scripture search for everyone:
As you read these verses, try to pick out those things that make up the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Make a list together. If you're feeling competitive, list them separately and see who can find the most. Then discuss what you've found. How many did you find?
According to verses 13-22, the Gospel of Jesus Christ includes these things:
- The Savior came into the world.
- The Savior was lifted up on the cross.
- Men are to come unto Christ.
- Men are judged according to their works.
- In judgment, the Savior will find men guiltless who
- repent and
- are baptized and
- endure to the end.
- Men who do not endure will be "cast into the fire".
- (discussion for another day: What does it mean to be "cast into the fire?")
- After repentance and baptism men are sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
- Men shall do the works they have seen the Savior do.