3 Nephi 27:3-9
Discussion: Why is the church called the Church of Jesus Christ? Brainstorm together. How many reasons can you think of why the church is called the Church of Jesus Christ. There is not one right answer, and there can be more reasons than are listed in these verses.
Here are some examples if they need an idea to get going:
- We have covenanted to take upon us the name of Christ - v5
- We are commanded to do everything in His name - v7
- How can it be my church save it be called in my name? v8
- We are to call whatever we do in His name - v9
- It is the church that Jesus established.
- D&C 115:4 The Lord decrees that it is to be called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in this dispensation.
- The sacramental bread prayer (Moroni 5) says that we take upon us His name.