This is hotter / colder with a twist for older children.
The advanced game for older children:
Make the game a little more challenging for older children by allowing some of the witnesses to be 'false witnesses' who try to lead the finder away from the hidden object. The finder must learn to discern the true witnesses from the false witnesses. This can be very challenging!
Discuss the importance of having witnesses to testify of truth. Here are some questions to help you get going:
- Did the witnesses make it easier to find the object? Why?
- How hard would it be to find the object without having a witness?
- Were you able to discern the true witnesses from the false witnesses? How?
- What witnesses do we have that tell us the direction we need to go and testify of truth?
- What is the most important witness? (HINT: It's not the 3 witnesses or the 8 witnesses or the scriptures or your parents.) (ANSWER: The Holy Ghost. You can have him as a constant companion if you have the gift of the holy ghost, but he can still be a witness and you can feel his influence even without the gift).